- Purée together the lemon grass, garlic, galangal, turmeric, jalapeños and shallots.
- Bring the coconut milk to a boil and add the pureed ingredients, lime leaves, and salt and boil gently, stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring often, for about 30 minutes, or until lime leaves are tender and the sauce is creamy.
- Remove the leaves before serving.
- To prepare one portion, pour ½ cup of this curry sauce into a shallow vessel or a wok.
- Add ½ cup of meat or vegetables, bring to a medium boil and cook to desired degree.