- In a skillet, brown the flour a little.
- Place oil in another saucepan and saute the onion until transparent.
- Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add flour to mixture and stir well for 1 minute.
- Add the cayenne chile powder and cook, stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add water plus extra water to thin if necessary.
- Puree the tomatoes with the salt.
- Add the tomato mixture or tomato sauce, if desired.
- Simmer for at least 10 minutes, or while you prepare the other ingredients for enchiladas.
- Will keep in refrigerator for 1 week or may be frozen.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.