You may use allspice berries, if available, but use enough to give the equivalent of ½ cup ground. Allspice berries and Scotch bonnets are key ingredients. Keep this sauce refrigerated and it will keep forever. Feel free to increase the hot peppers and garlic.
- ½ cup ground allspice berries
- ½+ cup packed brown sugar
- 6 to 8 garlic cloves
- 4 to 6 scotch bonnet peppers
- 1 tbsp ground thyme or 2 tbsp thyme leaves
- 2 bunches scallions (green onions)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp soy sauce to moisten
- Put everything in a food processor and blend until smooth.