Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yields: 4-6 servings
My husband and I LOVE spicy food. I actually discovered this dip at a work function and hurried home to recreate it from memory. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to broil.
2. Place the bell peppers on a baking sheet and broil on the top rack of the oven. (Use tongs to turn them as each side blackens).
3. Place the blackened peppers in a plastic bag for 15 minutes. Be careful not to tie the bag too tight; allow for some air.
4. Remove peppers from plastic bags and remove the stems and peel the peppers. Discard the cores and seeds. Cut peppers into wide strips.
5. Add peppers, tomato paste, mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, garlic, and cayenne pepper in a food processor bowl. Pulse until smooth (7 or 8 times). Add salt to taste, if desired.
6. Refrigerate until ready to serve.