Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
This is my home made recipe for a wonderful spicy sauce to accompany all sorts of food.
- 2 Tins tomatoes
- 8-10 Scotch bonnet peppers
- 2 Teaspoons cayenne pepper/paprika
- 2 Teaspoon demerara sugar
- 1 Teaspoon dill
- 1 lemon
- Green peppercorns
- ⅓ teaspoon salt
- Heat tomatoes until lightly simmering.
- Slice open scotch bonnet peppers.
- Crush seeds in pestle and mortar and ass to tomatoes.
- Slice the peppers into thin strips and add to sauce mixture.
- Sprinkle cayenne pepper/paperika, demerara sugar, dill and juice of a lemon.
- Stir and heat for a few mins.
- Before serving/bottling, mix in green peppercorns and salt to taste and enjoy.
- Best served warm, use within a few weeks if stored in a refrigerator.